Thursday, June 05, 2003

The Daily Show did a little tribute to Charles Doty

Tonight The Daily Show did a little tribute to Charles Doty by showing his very first piece, his election campaign from 2000 -- with Vance DeGeneres! Woo-to-the-hoo!! Beautiful, delightful Vance Elliott DeGeneres. God bless him. I don't know what it was, seeing Vance back on TDS, even as a rerun, but it felt rather nice (even thought TDS reran that same story back in September 2001 shortly after 9/11). Jon even gave a little teeny-weeny shout-out to the man after the story. TDS is so different now then it was back when Vance was the familiar face from the show, and it was strange seeing the show from the present reaching back into the show from the past like that.

And Vance just logged on! Oops... and then logged off. I wonder if he saw himself on TV tonight. Connie wrote him yesterday just to see what's been going on. I wonder if he just wrote her back.

I'm all giddy now -- I just saw my Vaaaaancy-paaaaants!

:::squeeing like a teenybopper Cold fan circa 1980:::